Friday, September 10, 2010

2 Years Ago Today...Hallelujah Amen!

Two years ago today God graced me with the privilege of serving Christ and His church by becoming the pastor and church planter of New Life Church. Serving the body of Christ in this way has literally changed my life and I am grateful to God for using the pastorate to sanctify my life and consecrate me more to Him.

I've been in the gospel ministry now for 15 years, but I've only been a pastor for two of those years. I remember reading Romans 10 for the thousandth time about six years ago, but it was that morning when I read Romans 10, that for the first time I realized that God was quickening my mind, my heart, and my will to serve in the kingdom as a shepherd, an overseer, a pastor, a preacher. It was truly a humbling moment to realize that I would serve in this new way.

Over the last two years I have experienced God's sustaining grace in my life, my ministry, and in the people, whom I have the joy to pastor and shepherd. God is so good to those of us who get to serve and live in this way. We are so underserving, but nevertheless, God works in us to will and to work in order to do the very things that pleases Him the most.

The aim of this ministry is to lift high the glory of Christ by proclaiming the full counsel of God's Word...period. Therefore we pray, that God will draw all men, women, and children to Himself by granting faith and repentance to those who hear the Word of Christ.

It is a good and spiritually noble thing to be a pastor...I appreciate your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment