Thursday, September 9, 2010

20 Years Ago Today...Hallelujah Amen!

It's one thing to talk about the gospel. It is yet another, to talk about the gospel applied to my life.

20 years ago today, God granted me the gift of faith to embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ for salvation.

You see, I once was spiritually dead and I walked according to the course of this world and I lived in the desire of my flesh and was by nature a child of God's wrath, but on September 9, 1990, God being rich in mercy, b/c of His great love for me, made me alive together with Christ and by His grace, I was saved and given 'New Life' from the dead, in Christ, and to never walk and live the same again!

The gospel was and by His persevering grace is still being applied to my soul...to my mind, my heart, and my will.

20 years sounds like a very long time, but it feels like just a moment in time. They say that time flies when you're having fun and I guess it really does feel that way, but I am forever grateful for God's sanctifying grace. He not only saved me from His wrath, but He placed His Holy Spirit in my life to guide me in truth and to enjoy living the gospel of ongoing and growing faith and repentance in Christ.

I am His workmanship. I am created in Christ Jesus. I am created for good works, which God prepared for me to walk in. It is amazing to see God reveal to me, slowly, these good works that I am blessed to walk in.

May the next 20 years, Lord willing, shine brighter than the first and cause all people every where to behold these good works and then to glorify my Father in heaven.

Thank you Father for the gospel of Your Son Jesus Christ!

But thank you Father even more, for the gospel applied to my life, by giving me a 'New Life' in Your Son Jesus Christ!

Hallelujah...Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment