Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Gospel Is For Life!

I read today on Tullian Tchividjian's blog something that we both have in common....one of the most important 'discoveries' in our Christian lives has been that the gospel is not only for salvation, but sustaining us all throughout life as well. He writes,

"One of the most important discoveries of my life has been that the Gospel is not just for non-Christians; it’s for Christians too. I used to think the Gospel was simply what non-Christians must believe in to be saved, while afterward we advance to deeper theological waters. But what I’ve come to understand is that the Gospel is every bit as important for growing as a Christian as it is for becoming a Christian in the first place. The Gospel, in other words, is the fuel that makes Christians go.

In Colossians 1:6 the Apostle Paul writes that the Gospel is the instrument of all continual growth and spiritual progress after we are converted. He writes, “All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God’s grace in all its truth.” (Col. 1:6)."

This is has been my ongoing prayer for my life, my church, my community and even this blog (read 'My Life' in the left hand margin). That the gospel will bear a sweet fruit of ongoing repentance and growing faith and will increase all the more as Christ is pleased for us to remain here in this world.

Let this be our continual prayer for God to do a beautiful work of grace, a means of His grace, to love and live more like Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment