Friday, February 26, 2010

Resurrection Sunday!

Let's get counter-cultural this year.

In every area of life Christians should strive to correct what the world has taken away from Christianity and then perverted it for its own gain. It's not that we stop using words, meaning, and truth, b/c someone has watered it down or even messed it up all together. We must still use them, but accurately. The point is we should use vocabulary that best fits Christianity, regardless of what others have done to it or think of it.

This is not original with me of course, but I have been determined to call "Easter Sunday"...Resurrection Sunday for some years now. So I thought that I would encourage everyone I know to do the same. Not b/c we are trying to be unique or different, although we will, but b/c it is the right thing to do.

What I have found to be true when saying Resurrection Sunday is...that it is refreshing for some and for many when used in the marketplace they often get taken off guard a bit, but in a very good Christ-centered way. People's thoughts need to be taken quickly to the resurrection of Jesus Christ for this is our abiding hope.

So let's call "Easter Sunday" by its proper name...Resurrection Sunday!

Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment