Monday, April 12, 2010

NLC Journal Day 2

Acts 2 -- 3.12.08

As I glean from chapter 2 I notice quickly that it is saturated with a lot of rich theology, specifically regarding the Holy Spirit. But I do notice a few things that stand out to me that could and will hopefully carry over to New Life.

1. God fearers (v.5)

In verse 5 I notice that many from around the world at the time had gathered to worship in Jerusalem. Luke describes these folks as God-fearing Jews. Now whether or not these God-fearers were Christ followers is not known but they were seeking to worship God in Jerusalem and so we hope that they were numbered with the 3,000 that believed on Jesus Christ.

This is what I'm praying for New Life, Father. That You will send us God-fearers who when confronted with the gospel will believe and be saved. I do recognize that we must go to the godless and confront them with he gospel as well. Even now Father establish a passion with New Life to be soul winners.

2. Declaring the wonders of God (v.11)

Father let us be the church that seeks to declare Your greatness and Your majesty to all those that would look and listen.

3. He will pour out His Spirit (v.17)

Even now Father pour out Your Spirit and fill us with the unction of Your Holy Spirit for vision and power to declare who You are with power and conviction. Whoever "US' may be!

(I should note that our core group was not formed at this time, so I'm praying for people/our core group that I have no idea who they will be or for some even met yet.)

4. Devoted Believers (v.42)

Father what a joy it would be to have a church that is so committed to you that it overflows in our commitment to one another. Father let us, make us, to be glad and have sincere hearts that would enjoy fellowship by breaking bread and eating together and praising God. And Father use that kind of testimony of our church to add to Your church daily those that will be saved.

Thank You Father for Your gift of the Holy Spirit. Empower us to be a church that is full of truth, love, light and help us impact our area for Christ. Amen!

(I should also note that I was not resolved at this time where God was wanting to plant New Life Church. A few options were Piperton, Eads, Arlington.)

No comments:

Post a Comment