Monday, April 12, 2010

NLC Journal Day 3

Acts 3 -- 3.14.08

Father as I look through this chapter, I see that I am stirred within my soul for this kind of ministry to the people. I am praying these few aspects of ministry I glean from the Scriptures:

1. Why do you stare at us (v.12)

Father always protect me and the pastors and leaders of New Life Church from even desiring for the people to think much of us b/c of the work You are doing in their lives or in the lives of others. Guard us from contempt against Your holy name and Your glory amongst Your people and our community. And if anyone would even in ignorance think much of us, give us discernment to turn their thoughts and affections to You!

2. We are witnesses of this (v.15)

Father help to make us missional people that are consumed with the desire to be witnesses of Christ's resurrection and life.

3. Proclaim repentance for the forgiveness of sins (v.19)

Let us not shrink back Father from declaring and proclaiming to the people that they must repent and turn to God for forgiveness of sins and for the refreshment of their souls from the Lord.

Father establish this church, Your church, on the gospel and never let the gospel be something that fades in our minds and hearts, but let it always be fresh to us. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment